Windows Application Blocker is a freeware from door2windows that allows you to easily block any app so that it cannot be run by the user:
You can block apps if you find yourself constantly distracted by some app, for parental control or just want to play a prank on someone.
This app can also be used to unblock apps that are disabled by your administrator.
Apps from door2windows are truly free and DON'T include any offers to install 3rd-party apps/adware/toolbars/unwanted software and never will. The apps are portable and don't require installation.
Download door2windows App Bundledoor2windows App Bundle gives you access to all the latest apps released from door2windows in one download. Why should you get this?
- You'll get new apps and updates for free.
- You'll get premium support which actually is quite amazing despite the boring name. I'll personally make sure the app works for you and update the app if required.
- You want to support the development of existing and new apps from door2windows.
Blocking an app
Type the app's file name in the Application File Name textbox (including the extension) and click Block.
Finding any app's file name:
- Right-click on the app's shortcut.
- Select Properties.
- The app's file name will be in Target textbox (like notepad.exe).
Unblocking an app
Select the app that you want to unblock in the Blocked Applications list and click Unblock.
If any app doesn't get blocked:
- Make sure the file name is correct and includes the extension (.exe).
- Restart the app.
- Restart explorer/log off and log on.
Known circumvention methods
This app modifies the Windows Registry to block apps. Apps blocked using this app can be easily unblocked using the Windows Registry, Group Policy Editor or simply by changing the file name of the app.